Tuesday, July 29, 2008

This Post is Canon.

Okay, I think I've officially been working on ANGEL:AFTER THE FALL for over a year now, right? I mean, I had written the script to issue 1 this time last year, hadn't I? It's all kinda running together like a big, fun, frustrating, sleep-losing, crowd pleasing, triumphant, handsome blur.

I'm writing issue 13 as we speak. I swear I didn't plan it this way, but the stigma attached to the number 13 is pretty accurate. Hells-a-popping. All the cards are on the table, evil is closing in, heroes are fighting for their lives...

...and I think there's some really really great character stuff in this. Like, I'm surprised it's flowing this well. Once again, the characters took over and surprised me in a key (as in, "entire series building up to it") scene.

Couldn't be more happy with how this is going. It's gonna be beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that we are edging closer and closer to issue 13 I would like to ask a (hopefully) non-spoiler question.

The question is, when exactly did Gunn have access to Gwen?

Issue 8, on the cover of Time and Space exclusive variant we see Gunn touching the shoulder of Gwen and getting an electrical shock. But nowhere in issue 8 do we actually see Gunn and Gwen interact.

So again I ask, when exactly did Gunn have access to Gwen? In other words, which issue do they either meet up or in which issue is it IMPLIED that they meet up? If there's a clue in issue 8, I don't see it.

If you can't answer that one how about this one. Are there any tentative plans to continue Angel ATF beyond issue 16? Even if it takes time to get back to it (some months or some year(s)) will it be continued?